There are numerous ways the community can become involved in Buffalo Soccer Club. Whether you'd like to donate equipment, volunteer a few hours of your time, intern with a community-based sports program, or do something else, we're always happy to have the community involved.
As a Soccer for Success coach you would:
Soccer Staff- Soccer For Success (Buffalo)
compensation: varies based on experience, assistant coaches start at $18/practice and head coaches start at $26/practice
Must able available three times a week for 90 minutes and be willing to prepare for practice outside of time.
We are looking for great K-2nd Head Coaches, 3-5 Head Coaches, and 6-8th Head Coaches who love working with younger athletes and be able to be silly and have fun!
Soccer for Success is the U.S. Soccer Foundation's innovative youth development program that uses soccer as a tool to combat childhood obesity and promote healthy lifestyles for children in low-income urban communities. While a soccer background is helpful, staff's ability to work with youth in K-8th grades is our priority.
Program Duties - Conduct soccer practices three times a week, 75 minutes each day, for 12 weeks
- Arrive 15 minutes early to set up field and equipment
- Strictly follow U.S. Soccer Foundation Soccer for Success curriculum
- Teach and promote appropriate teamwork, sportsmanship, nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices according to the U.S. Soccer Foundation Soccer for Success curriculum
- Take daily attendance and return weekly
- Attend a required training
Qualifications: - Passion for urban education, health education, youth development and sports
- Daily access to reliable transportation
- Excellent people skills in a diverse environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with staff, site coordinators, parents and players
- Ability to motivate others around you and work as part of a team
- Knowledge of soccer or sports preferred
- Must pass a federal background check
- The ability to speak a language other than English is a bonus
Staff will need to be able to legally work in the U.S. in order to be a paid staff member.